RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

When a Helping Hand Just Isn't Enough


Today Marco, 4, and Mila, 5, were in the block room; Marco was building a structure, and needed assistance.

Marco: Mila, will you help me build my building?

Mila: I don't want to.

Marco: Mila, if you help me, I'll give you twenty-two dollars.

Mila pauses.

Marco: I'll give it to you when I'm a big kid, when I'm big enough to have money.

Mila: No, I don't think so. (She starts to walk out of the room)

Marco, getting extremely frustrated and desperate, screaming after Mila:

Pleeeease, my mom will give you the money!!!

He notices the next best thing to no help, which is me.

Marco: Alex, will you help me?

Me: You gonna give me twenty-two dollars?

Marco, thinking about his answer: I'll give you one dollar.

No comments: