RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Future is Now

Ah, 2008. How times have changed.

Just now I was on the phone with my best friend from junior high. She was in the car on her cell phone, and I was in the kitchen in mine. Suddenly, we got cut off; the line just went dead.

Back in the day, I would have freaked out. When the line goes dead, that must mean something terrible has happened! Today, you know what I did? I said, "Hello?" a couple of times, then hung up and continued cooking my dinner. I figured she had hit dead spot in the road (and boy, do those words have a different meaning than they used to!) and would call me back, or I would call her back. I didn't worry. It's so normal to have your conversation cut off in the middle and think nothing of it, and many times not even continue it until many days later!

That's one thing that sucks about technology; it really has changed the way we talk to one another. On the flip side, we now have blogs. All is right with the world.

No comments: