RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Saturday, January 26, 2008

From Bad to Beautiful!


I woke up kind of cranky today. I got 11 1/2 hours of sleep, and I felt like I was getting the cold that has been going around. Did not feel like working out for an hour, that's for sure. As I was waking up with a stuffy nose and mild sore throat, I thought, "I have to call Steve and cancel...I have to call Steve and cancel..."

I got up and made myself a cup of tea, which was not as good as usual because I ran out of my good tea. Watched a little telly, popped some Zicam, and thought that perhaps a workout would do me some good. I feel like crap when I don't work out, like all last week.

I was cranky also because the stuff with my dad isn't finished; I'm still dealing with the lawyer, and things arent as finished as I thought they would be by this time. I can't spend any money because I have to save it to pay the lawyer, it's the end of the month, blah, blah, blah.

Well, I got off my sorry ass and worked out, and let me tell you, it was great! I learned some new things with the kettle bells, and I did this thing called a Turkish Getup. Eventually I'll do it with a kettle bell, but to learn the move I did it with a 5 lb. weight ball. You hold the weight up with your elbow locked, starting on the floor. Looking at the weight the whole time, you move your body so you get to a standing position, then back down again. Steve told me that I learned the moves in half an hour, and it can take most people two hours. Yessssssss!

On the way home I stopped at the Indian store to see if they had my favorite tea, and they did! And then I went to the pet store, and the woman who I almost knocked off a ladder last year doesn't recognize me anymore, so she's nice to me again.

It's a great day, yay for life!

No comments: