RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Marco's Musings

Marco, quotable boy wonder, is at it again; this kid's thought process is worth writing down.

The instruments had been out, and it was time to put them away. Marco had two maracas in his hand. I walked toward him, telling him it was clean up time. He flung the maracas across the room, which was uncharacteristic of him, and, of course, quite dangerous.

I strode over to him, took him by the hand, and led him to a chair, where I could talk to him face to face about what he had just done. I asked him why he had thrown the maracas, and he said, "I didn't feel like walking." "What are you talking about? That doesn't make any sense!" I replied. And then I realized what he meant. I said, "You mean you didn't feel like walking over to where the instruments were, to put them away?!" and he said, "Yes", with puppy dog eyes.

I said, "Well, you know what? Next time, just say, 'Alex, can you put these away for me?'" He looked crestfallen and said, "I didn't feel like talking." I laughed so hard I couldn't say anything else. God, I love my job.

No comments: