RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Monday, January 14, 2008

Never Thought I'd See the Day...

I suppose people have always gone through periods where certain things become obsolete, but it's so weird to have it happen.

Today I have a snow day, no school. I'm spending the day organizing my bookcase, which has gotten way out of hand. I came across a bunch of photo insert pages that go into a photo album. After a few minutes of thinking, I threw them away. For me, photo albums have become obsolete. I've made a few books using Shutterfly and my iMac, and they're a really good way to show off pictures and have memories in a slick, bound book that you can write captions to.

Other things that have become obsolete, at least to me:

public phones
answering machines
cameras that use film

On their way out, but not quite yet:

videos and VCRs

One step at a time, people.

No comments: