RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Cats Don't Know From Weekends


Last night I was at a friends' house till 2 am. I never stay up till 2 am anymore, it was quite fun. We had a wonderful dinner and just gabbed all night and listened to music.

I knew that Shelby would wake me up in the morning, but I was hoping she would have pity on me and at least let me sleep till 8:00. No such luck.

She cried and cried bloody murder, and didn't even come up to the bed, she just stood at the door and wailed her fluffy little head off. I kept yelling at her, "Shelby, NO!" in my meanest "mommy has to sleep" voice, to no avail. Finally, I looked at the clock, and it said 6:30! I was not having that, no way. Next time she cried, I screamed, "NO, Shelby, absolutely NOT!" as if that would make a difference. I lasted till 6:45 and went down and fed her. As expected, she ate and fell asleep herself in about 5 minutes.

I was able to go back to sleep for a couple of hours, thank goodness. Let's just say we'll have naptime Sunday before the big football game. And yay for a 3 day weekend, no school tomorrow! Happy MLK Jr. Day.

1 comment:

SabineM said...

dogs don't either! Though after 9 year, he is learning!