RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I Won't Quit My Day Job

I inherited a trait from my mother that used to drive me crazy as a kid, but one which I appear to be afflicted with as an adult. It is the ability/desire to belt out a tune when I hear a word that reminds me of that tune. It happened today.

I was watching four kids playing in the block room. They each had a little person, and were playing with a toy castle. They were getting on great, needing no assistance or imagination from me. It was almost boring.

One of the kids took a person in her hand and "flew" her across the room. She said, "Today, we are learning how to fly!" I immediately sprang to action. I sang, R. Kelly style, "I believe I can flyyyyy...I believe I can touch the skyyyy...I think about it every night and daaaaaayyyy, spread my wings and fly awwwwaaaayyyy...I believe I can soarrrrr...see me running through that open doh-ooh-woooore...I believe I can fly...I believe I can flyyyyyyy...!" I sounded like an American Idol reject, but that didn't stop me.

A couple of the kids stopped and listened, and then ignored me and went on with their game. I must have seemed like some annoying fly. They're used to me doing it. I can't not do it.

1 comment:

SabineM said...

Oh Amit does that too! Drives me nuts. Now even Malina and I often get into it!