RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Horse and Cart

My name is Alex. I am old fashioned. I prefer to drive my horse and cart, while everyone else is driving them new fangled automobiles.

So I have this piece of paper that I want to blow up and make a copy of. It has a photo at the top, and text on the bottom. It's a standard 8 1/2 X 11, and I wanted to make it 16 X 20. I thought I'd go into the copy store and tell them I wanted a big copy of it, and they'd put it on the machine and make it bigger. Simple, right? Wrong.

Oh my god. I go in there and explain my sitch, and the woman behind the counter tells me it would be easier to do it online. I mean, a person, face to face, was telling me she didn't want to interact with me, and to go home and interact with some plastic and wires. I seriously felt like I was in some time warp, and had fallen asleep and woken up in the future. After admitting to this woman that I had only sent a fax one time in my life, I bragged that I had an iPod. I'm sure I sounded like a blubbering nincompoop.

So I go home and go to the website she told me about, try to download what they say, and it doesn't work. It's supposed to say on my computer that FedEx Kinko's is my printer now, and it doesn't. I click on this, I click on that, and...nothing.

Screw them. I'll find a way. In the meantime, I'm going to take a nap. And hopefully wake up where I left off.

No comments: