RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Monday, January 28, 2008

Party Playlist

I'm having a huge bash for my 40th in a few months, and I'm making major plans. This will be a fantasy party, of sorts. I've always wanted to have a party where the playlist was all the songs I liked. I started making the playlist about a month ago, just going through my iTunes and writing down every song I liked. When I was done, I had enough music for 9.2 hours. Since my party is only 3 hours long, this was a problem. I like a lot of songs.

I went over to my friends Guy and Carrie' house so Guy could help me cut the playlist. We got it down to 7.2 hours. Next up, Chris and Liz's house. Down to 5.2 hours. I've had the playlist on my iPod, and have whittled it down to 4.5 by myself. Next, I'll go to Sidhu and Jenn's house. This is not easy!

Listening to music on an iPod enables one to listen to lyrics carefully, if one cares about such things. I'm big into lyrics. Some lyrics are so ridiculous or offensive, but I sing 'em and bop to the beat anyway. Here's one of my favorite examples from Shaggy's and Rayvon's "Angel", which is a rap/reggae version of Juice Newton's "Angel of the Morning", same tune. He's dedicating a song to his girl, who has stood by him through thick and thin:

Girl you're my angel, you're my darling angel
Closer than my peeps you are to me, baby
Shorty you're my angel, you're my darling angel
Girl, you're my friend when I'm in need, lady

My favorite is this part:

She was there through my incarceration
I wanna show the nation
My appreciation

And then he says,

Girl, in spite of my behavior,
You're my savior

Ahh, true love!

No comments: