RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sleepy, Shelby?

I've discovered yet another one of Shelby's quirks. Ever since she got her own set of steps to the loft, she loves to sleep on the bed.

Most cats I've had like to go under the covers, but not Shelby. At night, she sleeps at my feet. In the morning, she'll come to my head to wake me up, sometimes sitting on the pillow next to me. If I lift the covers up, she'll walk in, and then out again.

However, if it's the afternoon and I'm taking a nap, Shelby will go right under the covers, curl up, and go to sleep. Why is this, only in the afternoon and not any other time? She has a different position for every time of day: Morning-head. Afternoon-under covers. Night-feet.

No matter where she sleeps, she is my precious baby. Quirky, but precious nonetheless.

No comments: