RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A New Children's Book!

The other day I was at my friend Diana's house. Her kids, Calle, 6 and Graeme, 4, were running around. As I was getting ready to leave, I noticed a funny scene in the kitchen (see photo 1). I imagined the text in the new Curious George book:

Suddenly, George saw two bowls on the floor. The Man with the Yellow Hat told George that it was cat food and water. "Now, George, I'm going out for awhile. Be a good little monkey and don't get into trouble", he said. And he left a wild animal that he stole from Africa in a house all alone, uncaged.





George looked at the cat food dish. It didn't look like the bananas he usually ate, but it smelled sort of good. George was curious. The cat wouldn't mind if he ate just a little, would she? He bent down to eat some of the food.




Suddenly, Shelby came around the corner and saw George eating her food. She gave a war cry, and tore Curious George to bits. Then she ate him. Curiosity usually kills the cat, but in this case, it killed George. He's not a curious little monkey anymore! The Man with the Yellow Hat was taken to jail for stealing a wild animal from another country, and he wore an Orange Jump Suit with No Hat for the rest of his life.

The End

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like it! Send off the manuscript post haste!

Kari Whitney said...

Love it! this will leave me giggling all day.