RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Echo at the Donut Shop

I was just in the vicinity of a Dunkin' Donuts, and I was having a craving. I figured I'd get my favorite, a chocolate frosted, for dessert. It was almost dinnertime.

I went in, and it looked like Old Mother Hubbard's place. There was nary a donut in sight! No chocolate frosteds, for sure, a lone butternut, and some muffins. I guess if you want to get the good stuff, you go at 7 am, not 5 pm.

There was only one woman at the register, and she was making some chocolate whipped creamy concoction that took forever. It gave me time to decide if I wanted the butternut, which might be stale, or a bunch of donut holes. I finally settled on a bow tie; might as well get the biggest thing in the place and get my money's worth. A few seconds in the microwave and it'll be good as it was at the crack of dawn.

Time to make dinner so I can have dessert.

No comments: