RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Fkng Taxes!

I just went to get my taxes done. I've been going to the official government building for years; if you make under a certain amount (and I always do), you can bring in your stuff and they do your taxes for free, in about 15 minutes. It's great!

The first year I did it, I didn't bring my social security card. This is a big mistake. Every year there's at least one person who forgets their SS card, and when they are told they can't do their taxes without it, they yell and curse and make a big stink. I learned the hard way that first year, and was very proud of myself last night when I took mine out from my special folder where I keep it. I wouldn't be forgetting my card this year!

It was going to be such a productive day. I got out of the house at 9 am, took the T to Govt. Center, and went up to the IRS office. I pulled out all my papers, including my SS card. The man looked them over and said, "What's your last name?" I told him, and he said that my SS card didn't match my name on my W-2. I had thoughtfully brought along the papers that proved I changed my name (that whole story is for a different post), but the higher-up said that I had to have my SS card reflect the change. I started cursing and apologizing. "Fuck. Sorry. Shit. Excuse my mouth, it's just. Goddamn. Fuck. Sorry." I sounded like I had Tourette's.

Turns out I had brought my old SS card. Goddamn! Now I'm back here at home, got the right one, and am going back. I had to blog this to get it out of my system. Let's hope I get this all done in time for my 12:30 hair appointment. If not, my stylist Anthony will be hearing my sailor mouth.

1 comment:

SabineM said...

Oh boy you just turned your Blog into a XXX rated blog! Nice language, Alex! Do I have to bring the Soap over?