RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Sunday, February 17, 2008

more out of the mouths of babes

Today, one of my former kids, who's six, was saying things to see what my reaction would be. She said, "When I was at Corner Co-op, you hit me in the face." I said, "I did? I don't think so. Did I, by accident, like did I turn around and accidentally hit you?" She said no, and then she said, "But would you ever do that?"

I told her that no, I would never never do that. I said that if I am ever very angry, I walk out of the room.

This girl has been to my one-room studio apartment. On the way home in the car, she said, "You know what? It's too bad if you're ever angry at your house, because you have nowhere to go."

I told her if I was ever angry at my house, I open the door and go into the hallway. She seemed to ponder that; I hope it was an acceptable answer.

No comments: