RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Friday, February 15, 2008

One More Marco

Last Marco story for awhile, unless he does something outrageous today. The other day he was taking blocks out and building, as I was telling him it was clean up time. I tried to negotiate by saying, "Okay Marco, one more bunch, but that's it, because it's really clean up time!"

I left the room for a few minutes, and when I came back, his structure was even bigger. I said, "Marco, you're still building!" He told me something about his building, and I said, "But you're not listening to me, that's the issue." He replied, "But that's not my issue."

Leave it to Marco to stop me in my tracks. I said, "What's your issue?" He said, "My issue is doing what I want. That's my issue." And he liked the word "issue" so much, he kept saying it over and over, smiling; "Issue, issue, issue."

He made me feel like I had issues, so I left the room again and let his mother take care of it.

1 comment:

xacerb8 said...

Oh. My. God. At least Calder's parents are honest. I'm forever searching for some mention of "hair like a gorgeous river or silk," or "poise and grace that go beyond her tender years." :)