RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Violin at the Ready

I listen to music all day long, usually as I'm walking around with my iPod. I really have to check myself, though, because I love to move my hands when I listen to music. I punctuate a beat or specific sound with my pinky (high note) or my whole arm (drum beat). It's less awkward to do these movements when I'm at home, by myself.

There are two songs, however, that I can't help but move to when I listen to them, no matter where I am. "You Sexy Thing" by Hot Chocolate, and "Levon" by Elton John have really good string instruments in them, and I can't stop myself from picking up my invisible violin or cello whenever I hear those songs. Try it; "I believe in mIRacles (zzz zzz zzz, mime violin), where ya from, you sexy thing..."

During Prince ballads I sometimes close my eyes and sway my head back and forth. I don't do that while crossing the street, trust me.

No comments: