RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Monday, August 13, 2007

Rock Lobster!

It's been a music-filled weekend. Went to yet another midnite sing-a-long (more on that in another post), and last night I went to a B-52's concert. Now, I'm not a huge B-52's fan; Hiro had tickets and asked me if I wanted to go. I knew at least 3 songs (Rock Lobster, Loveshack, Roam), so I figured, "Why not?"

The show was in this tiny theater of sorts that looked like a circus tent. It was great, because all the seats were good. The opening band was called Betty, and they hailed from NYC. They were funny and cool. As for the B-52's, well...let's just say there's nothing quite like hearing "Rock Lobster" live. Awesome. I also heard a song that I hadn't known, but apparently is quite popular among fans, "Planet Claire." Ever hear it? That was cool live too.

My favorite performer was Fred Schneider. His voice is is so unique, and he's got the moves! It was a great time. And hey, I think I might download "Planet Claire" to my iPod.

No comments: