RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Day Spa

Want a pedicure, massage, hair style, ear piercing, and fun conversation for just $20?

Go to a nail salon where the owners have two little girls, aged 6 and 8! I love my nail salon, because I get to hang out with Kelly and Elizabeth, who are very girly and love to show off their jewelry and ask me questions about my tattoos. Today I went in and got to talk to them while I was getting my pedicure. As I was waiting for my toes to dry, we looked through magazines and the younger one, Elizabeth, "did my hair". She clipped her plastic earrings to my ears. It pinched a little, and when I said something, the older one, Kelly, told me to say, "Hawaii...Hawaii..." That was supposed to relax me and make me not think about the ear piercing pain. We chanted "Hawaii" for awhile, then looked at more magazines.

With all the chanting and getting my hair played with, I was quite relaxed by the time my toes were dry. I felt like taking a nap. The girls walked me out the door, and we chanted all the way to the corner. I told them, "Goodbye iiiii..."

All that, and sparkly nails too!

No comments: