RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Monday, July 28, 2008

Wham! It's George Michael! Part 1


I did something totally spontaneously last night. I went to see George Michael in concert. I know! What happened was, I saw my friend Liz on Saturday, because I had called her for support on my haircut. She said, just like Sophie did, "I'll come right over!" We ended up going to Whole Foods together, and right there, in the produce section, she told me that GM was performing at the Garden, and there were still tickets available for the next night, and would I like to go? I thought about it for about one second, and said, "Sure!" Oh my god, I felt so free and spontaneous!

So yesterday Liz went down to the Garden and got tickets, and we met up for dinner and then walked over. The show was supposed to start at 8:00, and we walked over around 7:30. We passed by a bar, and Liz said, "You wanna get a drink?" and then she saw my face and said, "Oh, you want to go right in, we'll go right in." So we went in and went to the bathroom. Liz says, "Wow, we have 20 minutes!" I realized that Liz had never been early to anything before, and she was surprised and sort of didn't know what to do. I showed her how we could sit down without having to rush, and look at all the people, and chat. She got a Guinness for $8.

We sat down and looked at all the people, and chatted, and waited. And waited. And at 8:30, an announcer came on and said that George's plane was delayed due to the rain, and he would be here soon, his plane had just landed. So we chatted some more, and round about 9:00, the announcer said, "George is in the building." And we all screamed. And waited some more, until he started.

1 comment:

K + L said...

GIVE ME MORE!!! I want more details on GEORGE!!!!