RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Monday, July 14, 2008

Fruit Flies, Be Gone!



I have fruit flies in my kitchen. This phenomenon is my least favorite part of summer. Fruit flies make my skin crawl.

Today I Googled "Fruit Fly Removal", and got a tip. You get a glass jar, put some vinegar and a couple of drops of dish washing liquid in it, and cover the jar tightly with plastic wrap. Tape the plastic wrap around the bottle for security, then poke a few holes in the top. Supposedly, the flies go in, but they don't come out.

I set it up, and after only a few minutes, the flies were swarming! A couple of slick flies went in and out, hmm...but we'll see what it looks like in the morning. When you get a bunch, you're supposed to either clean out the jar outside and do it all over, or else put the jar in the freezer. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

xacerb8 said...

How did we do anything before Google? Today we looked up "origin of the word water" and "summer squash recipes."