RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Monday, July 07, 2008

Happy Cat

Happy Birthday, Shelby! She's 12 years old today, and looks just like a kitten. Must be the catnip. A few weeks ago, I was at Mike and Lisa's house. Lisa was showing me the garden, and picked off some kind of plant. She said she thought it was catnip. I put it in my pocket to give to Shelby later.

I gave it to her when I got home, and sure enough, she started writhing on the floor in ecstasy (see photo, right).

Later on, I went up to the loft to take a nap. Shelby followed, and got into nap position, under the covers. We settled down. Suddenly, I felt a scratching and biting at my jeans. Shelby, mild-mannered slug-feline, was attacking me! She would not stop. It finally dawned on me that there was catnip residue in my pocket. I replaced my jeans with something less trippy, and we resumed our nap.

Here's to Shelby, my happy catnappy pappy. Happy Birthday!



2 comments:

Pumpkin Cupcake Queen said...

Aw Shelby! Happy Birthday!

xacerb8 said...

Ms. Shelby is a silver fox! Still partaying like a kitten.