RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Catalog Touch












I am obsessed with sporty Mary Jane style shoes. I pore over my athletic catalogs and play "Catalog Touch". Ever play it? That's when you go through a catalog and touch everything you want, whether or not you can afford it. Variations include "Catalog Fold", where you fold down a page, and "Catalog Circle", where you circle everything you want. I play these games all week long, and rarely order anything. Recently I even played "Catalog Circle/Ask Friend", where I circled everything, then had a friend go through and tell me if it would be a good purchase for me or not. Her notes were helpful ("Don't you own enough cropped pants already?").

Anyway, sporty Mary Janes are my latest desire. One day I might actually buy a pair. Till then, I've got a stack of five catalogs to go through. And ooh! My neighbor is on vacation for three weeks, and I'm picking up her mail...

1 comment:

xacerb8 said...

Hmm, I thought cropped pants were verboten now?