RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Hi Def--So What?

What is the big deal about HD? I went over to my friend's house yesterday, and he has a huge HD TV. He was so proud, showing me the clear picture. Of course, not everything is shown in HD yet, so a lot of the channels were a little fuzzy, but the clear ones just looked like animation to me. They were clear, all right. You could see the broadcaster's wrinkles and cakes of makeup. Do I really want to see that?

There are these commercials about how HD is coming in 2009, and if you don't have an HD TV, you have to get a converter box, and you can get a voucher from the government for the box. It all sounds a little fishy to me. Is HD coming to the whole country in 2009, or just in my area? If I don't get a converter box, will my TV blow up? I'm told that all I'll see is static.

Since I watch a lot of TV, I am considering saving up money to get a flat screen HD TV. Not for $1500 like my friend's, but a smaller one. Size doesn't matter to me, ha ha. Till then, I'll be glad that I can't see every single age spot of Keith Morrison's.

No comments: