RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Gettin' Bigger

In my job as a preschool teacher, I help kids with many aspects of their lives, including toilet training. I've assisted kids with diapers, moved them through the first time sitting on the toilet, and on up through wiping their cute little bums. It's always exciting when a child makes it to the next step.

The other day one of my boys had just gone, and I was getting ready to wipe him, but he told me, "I can do it myself." And he did, and I noticed he wasn't using the little toilet seat anymore either. I was so proud, I started doing a little dance and sang, "Oh yeah, he can do it, oh yeah, he's getting bigger, doin' it himself, oh yeah!..."

And the kid just looked at me and said, "Whatever, Alex."
My fault. I taught him how to say that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute story. My grandaughter is finally potty trained. They got a puppy and this is what finally inspired her.