RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Saturday, March 08, 2008

For My Birthday


I've got it! For my upcoming 40th birthday, I would like to meet Keith Morrison, pictured here, of NBC's Dateline. If anyone can pull a few strings, that would be great.

Most of my friends would think that I'd like to meet Prince. Not so. He is inaccessible, and far beyond this earth to meet. I couldn't stand to be in his presence; I am not worthy.

Keith, however...I used to think that if I was caught up in some horrific crime, I would want Keith to be the one to interview me. Now I'm thinking I don't need to be in an awful situation. I'd love to have coffee with him and just listen to him talk, or even have him record my outgoing voicemail message. Perhaps have him read a few books on tape? Something, so I could capture his voice and keep it to listen to any time I wanted. See the concern and seriousness on his face, as he listens to the police officer describe the scene of the crime? Keith cares, and makes you care...and question.

So, friends and readers, throw out a few mass emails, make some calls, whatever. I'd be a highlight of my 40 years. Thanks in advance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about Cooper Anderson? (That IS his name, right?) What happened to him? He kinda looks like Keith, anyway. We may be on to something here...Aim