RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Until I Can Post Pictures, Here's a Plug

I have to wait till I get home again to post pictures, so for now I just want to tell you about a miracle product. It's called Zicam--you've seen the commercials, right? If you take it at the first sign of a cold, you won't get the cold, or you will get a very mild one.

Last Thursday night I got a runny nose, and that was my sign. I popped a Zicam tab before bed, and then took one every few hours for the next four days. Guess what? No cold! On Saturday I was on the fence with the cold, but it wasn't so bad that I couldn't go to the gym. By Sunday I was feeling better. You're supposed to keep taking it for two days even after you feel better.

It comes in all different forms. There are swabs you can put up your nose, I think there are throat swabs, but the form I find the easiest is the quick-melt tablets. They're not bad tasting, and they melt really quickly. Read the instructions on drinking citrus, etc. It's homeopathic!

The most important thing is that you take it at the first sign of a cold, like the runny nose or just first tickle of a sore throat, don't wait until you feel really crappy.

Of course, hand washing for 20 seconds is the #1 way to prevent colds, but if you feel one coming on, take Zicam. Good luck!

No comments: