RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Don't Give In!


The other night I went to a diner for dinner. When I picked up the menu, all the words were blurry except for boneless fried chicken with mashed potatoes and a chocolate malted frappe (frappe is Boston for milkshake). When is the last time you, dear reader, had fried chicken??? That's almost like smoking! It's practically unheard of these days, at least where I hang out.

It had been so long, and it sounded so good. I got it, along with a side salad so I wouldn't actually have a heart attack right there in the restaurant.

Oh my god. Those poor chickens never had a chance. It looked like they had taken the breasts of at least three chickens, fried 'em up, and put them on my plate with about a dozen red bliss potatoes, and covered it all with gravy. My frappe was so sweet and thick I had to send it back, asking for more milk to be put in.

I ate about an eighth of my dinner, and it felt like there was a medicine ball in my stomach. Gross. I took the rest home, because I wasn't about to drop fifteen bucks and not get in some meals for the next two weeks.

Well, I got it home, and all I could do was take a picture of it before I apologized to the hungry people around the world and threw it away. I actually felt pretty good, because it meant that I am eating so healthily now, any greasy food makes me feel sick. Yay! I did eat almost all of my Mexican fried tortilla the next night, however...hey, nobody's perfect!

1 comment:

chris erdman said...

it is NOT a sin to eat fried chicken. it is even better to eat chicken fried steak. all the starving people in the world will be better off if you are well fed too.