RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Training Update

I did something during training the other day, and Steve said, "You gonna put that in your blog?" I realized I haven't done a training update in awhile, so this is it.

Let's see...I'm up to two regular push ups, followed by five modified ones. Next time I'm supposed to do three of one and four of the other, till I make it up to all regular. I've increased my weights on the kettle bells because the ones I started with were too easy. Thas' right!

My tendonitis has healed, but I strained a muscle in my thigh and my knees hurt all the time, probably due to getting used to the jump rope. I tell you, jumping rope is not as easy as it sounds. I have a problem with coming down too hard. I'm working on it.

I started doing a mix of jumping rope and jumping jacks. Remember those? I actually like doing them. And today I did squat thrusts. I had a flashback to junior high, when we used to do those fitness tests twice a year. That was the only time I ever did squat thrusts, and I haven't done 'em again till today. They are also harder than you think.

Still and all, I am a machine. I do whatever Steve tells me, even if I have to take a few extra moments to catch my breath, or groan when I stand up. I never complain, even when we do Get Up Sit Ups. Wanna know what those are? Lay down on a mat. Put one arm straight up, elbow locked. Put a 5 lb. dead weight ball in your hand. Now sit up, keeping your arm straight, and heels pointed to the wall. Now lay down, rolling your back on the mat as you do so, all the while keeping your arm straight. Do that 5 times on one side, and 5 times on the other side.

Mix that in with a series of other exercises, and you've got some idea what I do at the gym. I love it, even when one of my bra straps pops off its hinge, like it did today. Steve didn't notice, and I was able to fix it quickly in the locker room. In training we deal with the good, the bad, and the ugly.

No comments: