RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Umbilical Pot Pie

I go to this place called The Soup Factory for takeout sometimes. They have the best chicken pot pie ever. It has a flaky crust at the bottom, chicken chunks and veggies in the middle, and another flaky crust at the top. It's yummy, and very filling. Every time I eat it, I tell myself to blog about it, and I never do. I just had to put it to the side so I could write this.

The crust at the top is hard to cut up with a spoon, but I usually manage to do it. The crust at the bottom, however, is impossible to cut. I always try with a spoon, and I always give up, deciding in the end to gnaw at it with my molars. Every time I do, I get an image of me as a mother cat gnawing at her newborn kitten's umbilical cord. That's exactly what I feel like when I'm at the bottom of my chicken pot pie. Ah, the miracle of birth! How delicious.

1 comment:

xacerb8 said...

Eden says you can have her placenta anytime you want. It's been in the freezer since January 14th, 2004.