RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Flippa Flappa


I was just at the T station waiting for the train, and this...thing flew past me and landed on the opposite platform. It was a big thing; I didn't know if it was a bird, a bat, or a moth. It flew, it didn't hop. When it landed, I could see that it was green. Could it be a giant grasshopper?

I went over to see, and I'm still not sure what it was, but it was some sort of grasshopper imitating a leaf thing. It was really big, I'd say about 2 1/2 inches long. What the hell kind of wings and legs it had to enable it to fly is beyond me. It let me take pictures of it without flying into my face, thank god. The picture doesn't do it justice.

I'm sooo glad it didn't fly into my hair.

3 comments:

Kari Whitney said...

I'm pretty sure it's a Katydid. We had one on our back door once and they are so cool!

snobbyblogger said...

It was, I just looked it up. COOL! Thanks, Kari!

xacerb8 said...

That is so totally a snow pea. Just saute it lightly, add salt and pepper and bon appetit!