RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Monday, August 04, 2008

Holey Crap!


These are my favorite pants. I got them at J.Jill in 2000. I remember when I got them, because that was the year I went to Japan for the first time. They're cute. They're comfortable. They're linen. I've been wearing them for eight years. I like them so much I got another pair of them in black. They're sort of like my trademark in the summer.

Just this year I decided to demote them to working at preschool pants, because, let's face it, they're old and worn out. I recently discovered exactly how worn out they were. How can I put this delicately? I can't. My pants were pulled down in the ladies room, and this is what I saw:



Yes, I've been walking around with holes in my pants for who knows how long. I checked my black pair, and...yep, the black pants have 'em too. I guess the moral of the story is this: always check your pants when they're down. Or you might have a (w)hole different story to tell.

No comments: