RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Get Gold or Go Home

I think the Olympics should award the Gold medal or nothing, because that's all they focus on anyway. I thought this two years ago at the winter Olympics. I can't stand the way the commentators remark on the medals:

AND THE UNITED STATES IS IN THE LEAD, THEY WILL GET THE GOLD, YES, YES, YES!!!
And Germany Gets the Silver!


and china gets the bronze.

And then they go up to the exhausted Gold medal winners and say, "How do you feel?? How did you do that??" Leave them alone, already!

And then they go up to the Silver medalist and say, "You didn't get the Gold. What happened?"

If it were me, I'd go up to all of them and say, "Great job! You're in the Olympics!" Then again, I am a preschool teacher. Everyone is special in their own way.

No comments: