RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wind it up!

I haven't even talked about how I taught my kids the Gwen Stefani song I was going on and on about a few weeks ago, the one that's the remix of The Lonely Goatherd.

I set it up with a CD I made. First, the original Lonely Goatherd, which many of them knew. Then I taught them that when you take one song and add a dance beat to it, it's called a REMIX. Can you say "remix"? Children: "remix!" Very good.

I played the CD about twice a day for a week so that they would get to know it very well. As usual, most of them liked it once they heard it a few times; how could they not, with that funky beat?? One girl, Maddie (aka Cindy Loo Who), even had her own dance moves she would do while coloring and listening. She'd prop up a stool and sit on it, moving her shoulders to the beat.

My goal of having children request "Wind it Up" has been reached.

No comments: