RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Travel Notes--12/24/08

I got in line and put my stuff into those ubiquitous grey bins, pushed them through, and heard, "Bag check!" A woman held up my backpack with my full water bottle and said, "Who's thirsty?" As I do when I'm surprised, I cursed. "Shit!" I had done so well concentrating on my toiletries, I had completely forgotten that a bottle of water counts as a liquid that's more than three ounces.

The woman was going to empy it and give it back to me, but another guard told her she wsn't allowed to do that. I told her to keep it; it was the old type of Nalgene bottle that causes cancer anyway. I'd get a new one.

Got through, bought a bottle of water and some breakfast, and relaxed for an hour and a half till my flight took off. On the plane, I looked over to my right as we ascended, and saw...a woman with a large Nalgene bottle filled with water. Guess she was smart and filled it at the water fountain after security. Oh well. Her bottle was the old kind too; I should have warned her that it causes cancer.

No comments: