RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Monday, January 05, 2009

New Favorite Song

I have a new favorite song: Wind it Up by Gwen Stefani. In case you're not familiar with this song, imagine the least likely song you could think of as a remix dance song. Something that children would like. From a musical. A favorite of mine in its original form. Possibilities:

1) "It's a Hard Knock Life" from Annie. (Done. Jay-Z)

2) "If I Were a Rich Man from Fiddler on the Roof. (Done. By GS, incidentally. Called Rich Girl)

3) "The Lonely Goatherd" from The Sound of Music.

If you said #3, you would be correct. You know that song, right? During the marionette scene in The Sound of Music, where the children and Maria are trying to impress the Countess. Now imagine that song remixed in with a funky dance beat and a little rap thrown in. Now you have Wind it Up.

My good friend Courtney made me a mix CD for Christmas, and that song is on it. Major props to my girl C! I am obsessed. I want to go to a club and stomp the hell out of the floor and dance and lip synch like crazy to this song! Who's comin' with me?

Note to Dana: I'm no good with links. Look it up on YouTube.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG - I love the Wind It Up song too! Great for the gym! - D

xacerb8 said...

Links are so easy!
You. Me. The computer. Snacks.