RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Saturday, January 24, 2009

More Travel Notes: Tatum

When I was on the plane going from Boston to San Francisco, I made friends with a 5 year old named Tatum. I noticed her, because not only was she a cute little kid, but she had stuck High School Musical stickers all over her face. She looked adorable. I asked her mom if I could take her picture, because "I am a preschool teacher and a photographer and your daughter is adorable and I will send you a copy."

We chatted almost the whole way, and she was great about coloring in her book when I wanted to read mine. We really got along, because, of course, I can think like a 5 year old. At one point, Tatum turned to me and said, "Which is your favorite side?" Her mom gave her a real funny look, but of course I knew what Tatum was talking about. I said, "THIS side!", because it was the side of the plane we were both sitting on, duh! And she replied, "ME TOO!", and we both shared a special moment, and her mom was clueless.

At the end of the ride, Tatum handed me a picture that she had colored. "This is for you." Oh god, it made my day. And I will now share it with you. I love meeting kids on trips.

No comments: