RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Travel Notes--12/24/08


On my way to Santa Barbara, CA, via San Francisco. I managed to pack a weeks' worth of stuff into one carry-on and one personal bag so I wouldn't have to check anything. I packed all my little liquids in a quart-sized Ziploc bag. Had nothing in my pockets, wore my Dansko clogs for easy on and off at the airport. Put my small Nalgene bottle full of water in the water bottle pocket of my backpack so I'd be ready on the plane. I was prepared! I was so clever. I wore the down jacket that came with a little bag so that at the airport I could just stuff it in the bag and wear my fleece.

When I got to the airport (2 hours early, with no lines and a pre-printed boarding pass), I stopped to stuff my jacket into its little bag. It worked! Very clever, Eddie Bauer. I took oiut my boarding pass and my license, put them on the seat, stuffed the jacket into the bag, and got ready for the security check.

When I lifted my carry-on bag up, my boarding pass was there, but not my license. I looked again. No license. WTF?? I looked in between the seats. I looked in my bag. Patted my pockets. I knew that license was on that seat! There weren't any other people on the whole row of seats. I told myself to stay calm. I went through everything again, to no avail.

Finally, in frustration, I moved the whole row of seats and crouched down. And there it was, slipped into the tiniest crevice where the back of the seat met the seat of the seat. Of course I had to document it for this blog post, so I took a picture. As I was taking the picture, a security guard came over and said, "Find anything good down there?" I must have looked a little crazy. I explained the situation, and he backed off. I pulled myself together and headed off to the security line.

Next up: Not so fast, Lady!

1 comment:

K + L said...

omg - That has happened to me toooo maby times. My $151 monthly T-pass was JUST there and now POOF it is missing. I always find it though after a MASSIVE panic attack. Glad you found your license.