RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Sunday

I went to the gym today and got an earful. After my workout, I got to hear a cell phone conversation in the locker room. This woman sounded like she was talking to a Match.com date, and she didn't care who was listening. I learned that:

*She loves to cook, and will go out to eat for anything except sushi. Her food has to be cooked, not raw.
* She likes to go fishing, and hasn't been fishing since she moved here.
* She loves Newbury Street.
* She's the 5th of 8 children. She wasn't spoiled, because she was in the middle. She's happy about that.
* Her best friend is in nursing school.

I hope she has a good date. She sure sounded charming on the phone, giggling appropriately and sounding slightly self-deprecating and proud at the same time.

After the gym, I went to Trader Joe's and bought some really healthy and expensive food. I spent all that money, just to stop at Subway and get a meatball marinara anyway. I couldn't help it--have you ever gone in there and smelled the food? I can't resist. You know it's bad when you can order like you do at Starbucks:

Starbucks, winter: "A tall Awake tea with room."
Starbucks, summer: "A tall iced hazelnut latte."

Subway, all year: "A six-inch meatball marinara on wheat with provolone, not toasted."

I supplemented my sub with corn and a salad, washed down with apple cider. Healthy! Tomorrow I'll start on the Trader Joe's food. Just remembered, I forgot to get eggs. Dang.

No comments: