RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Yes, I Bought It

Sort of. I had a card worth $15 from points at Best Buy, so it was really free. I am disappointed, as I always am when I get a CD from an American Idol alum (with the exception of the Dreamgirls soundtrack, featuring Jennifer Hudson). David's CD is sickly sweet, and doesn't show off his true talent. I got two of his live songs off of iTunes, both covers, and he rocked it then. Did you hear his version of Imagine? Then you know what I mean.

To hear this 17 year old boy singing about heartache and desperation is just a little too...not believeable. The beats are too poppy for me. Who writes these things? Some old lonely man who pours out his heart because he can't get the girl, and has to rely on a teenager to whine his heartache.

At least I keep my heartache to myself.

No comments: