RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Phone Call

I had just put my bag down at Liz's house and was preparing to relax, when my cell phone rang. It was Sarah. "Alex, I can't find Sylvester! I have to tell the Terminix man that we'll have to reschedule!" NO WAY. I am NOT going through this again. "I'll find Sylvester!" I growled. I stormed all the way back to my house and went to Sarah's condo.

Mr. Terminix, who had been at our house for an hour, sat on the steps. He said to me, "You have five minutes. I have other clients." I did one pass through the house, no Sylvester. I would not give up. On the second pass, I opened the bedroom closet and pushed aside some clothes. Sylvester was curled up in a ball, trying to be invisible. I grabbed that cat so hard, I surprised myself. I shoved him into his box, and got the other cat and Sarah as well. I stood there on the porch with her to make sure she got into the cab to go to the vet's. The Terminix man did his work, which took all of ten minutes.

Went back to Liz's, slept, and came back. And in the time between my ER adventure and the flea bombing adventure, Shelby has gotten diarrhea for the second time in a month, and I've caught a cold. I will spend Thanksgiving shoving pills down Shelby's throat and and blowing my nose.

I am thankful for tea, and tissues, and enough hot water for several baths, and for my many Enya CDs.

No comments: