RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Post Halloween Post

It's the night after...last night we got a bunch of teenagers. I kept making sarcastic comments to them; I couldn't help it. My neighbor George told me that I would be responsible for wiping egg of the house because of my big mouth.

I'd say things like, "Wow, just what I like to see...teenagers on Halloween!" and, "You can only get candy if you're over the age of fourteen!"

I loved one sarcastic kid. He didn't have a costume on, and I asked him what he was. He replied, "A teenager. I think I nailed it." He got extra candy for being a fellow smart ass.

A bunch of kids from my school came too, and that's always fun. We got rid of almost all the candy (and little pots of Play Doh, which the older kids especially liked), and there was no egg on the house in the morning. Let's see how many of them come back next year...

1 comment:

xacerb8 said...

I kind of like getting the teenagers at my house. Most of the time, we pass each other by, not saying a word. But on Halloween, we actually get to make eye contact and interact with each other. Even if it's just the standard "Trick or Treat" and "happy halloween." This year, the teenagers even gave up their little mini-cartons of Goldfish when they saw I was running out and a group of little kids was coming. Extra sweet!