RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Funky Fresh

Rose, Kate, and Zoey were in a structure at school we call the "doghouse".

Zoey: Alex, can you write a sign that says, "No boys allowed"?

Alex: I don't want to write that. What if the boys wrote a sign that said "No girls allowed". How would you feel?

Kate: Actually, we don't want to play with boys, so we'd feel happy.*

Later on in the day, I had a group of kids playing a version of bowling. Simon had brought in these soft bowling pins and a ball. I had all the kids stand in a line, one behind the other, and take turns. I got into a character, and after a kid would bowl, I'd say in this vague Italian-sounding accent, "Okay, back-ada line, get in the back-ada liiiiinnne..."

After a few minutes of this, Calder looked at me with a straight face and said, "Alex, you're a freak."

*Btw, today the boys did indeed try to ban girls from the dress up area, and Kate was not happy. She eventually got in, with a big smile on her face.

No comments: