RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Monday, June 02, 2008

Sugar-free Summer


I've decided to not have sugar in my house for the entire summer. I want to see what happens. Will I lose weight? Will I have more energy? Will I lose my sugar addiction? I dumped out what I had in my sugar jar and sugar bowl and gave it to my neighbors.

I already stopped drinking tea (read: I stopped consuming two teaspoons of sugar) at work. It was pretty easy. At work there's tea that I don't like and half and half, which I don't like, so I don't want it. I drink water.

The biggest difference at home will be that I won't have my morning and evening cup of tea, which I quite like. It's comforting. It's also full of sugar. And caffeine. I'll drink water.

This is not to say that I'm giving up on sugar altogether. If I want a Starbucks, I'll get a Starbucks. Tea and muffin. I'll keep eating all the natural sugar found in fruit, cake, cookies, etc. It's just I won't have it in the house. If it's not in the house, I won't eat it. Like snacks. What I do for a treat if I don't have sweets in the house is eat a piece of whole wheat bread with olive oil-based spread or its equivalent. And now, water.

Wish me luck. I won't go thirsty, that's for sure.

No comments: