RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Friday, June 13, 2008

Small town Charm, Beware!

I just walked into the house of a serial killer. Well, he could be a serial killer. I escaped.

It's hard to live in a nice and friendly neighborhood, because you find yourself doing nice and friendly things. You let your guard down.

Just now, coming home, I came upon a man who was trying to lift a TV across the street by himself. It looked really heavy, so I asked him if he needed help. He said he didn't want me to hurt myself, and I just said, "Well, two's better than one, it's no problem." We got it across, and as we were going up the stairs, it occurred to me that the serial killer Ted Bundy got his victims by feigning a fake broken arm. He'd lure girls into his waiting van, and then torture and murder them. This is the thought that came upon me, and I knew I had to get out of there, fast.

As soon as we got into the foyer, I put that TV down as fast as I could and said, "Well, that's it!" The guy said, "Can I offer you a drink or something?" Nope, no, I'm fine, gotta go...and I was outta there like a bolt of lightning.

Whew! I will live to see another day. Guard up.

1 comment:

SabineM said...

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING. Glad you outsmarted him! ;-)