RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Monday, June 30, 2008

Shady with the Shades


I have never been a sunglass wearer. That is, until now. As I am obsessed with taking care of myself in my fourth decade of life, I figured it was a good time to pay attention to my eyes. In Vermont, I bought a pair of Very Expensive Oakley sunglasses. They look cool. They look athletic. I am a bad ass.

Too bad I keep forgetting to take them with me. I'll find myself standing at a corner, waiting to cross the street, thinking, "God, that sun is bright!" and then remembering that this was the reason I bought those dang sunglasses in the first place.

I remembered them today. I wore them to the apartment where I gave an English lesson, then I put them in my bag. I had forgotten to bring the hard case the sales guy gave me for free because I had spent So Much Money, but I still had the soft sleeve they had come with. I put them in my bag, had the lesson, and then didn't put them back on because I was only going to walk a few blocks and then go into the supermarket.

I used the self-checkout and saved some bags by throwing most of the stuff in my backpack. Unfortunately, I realized when I got outside, that stuff was mostly canned goods. Dumped on top of my new sunglasses, not in the hard case.

I dug around and prayed, and I was rewarded with my sunglasses intact. Put 'em on, was protected all the way home, and decided that maybe dress pants were not the best look for my sporty shades. Perhaps I'll have to get another pair.

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

They are VERY cool glasses. You need to practice wearing them on your head!

Emily

Unknown said...

You rock!

xacerb8 said...

Why can't they make sunglasses out of silicone, so they just squish together nicely in one's backpack and then pop into shape when we need them?

SabineM said...

Woaw! How cool are you?!?!?!