RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Travel Blog: The Plane

I got on the plane in Boston, heading for LAX. There was a backup in the aisle, and you would not believe the reason. Seems some guy's seat was stuck in the upright position, even tilting forward a little bit.

I am not kidding when I say there were two repairmen with all manner of tools fixing the seat right in the middle of boarding time. Honestly, do they not check the plane before they are about to use it?

We're supposed to watch the TV monitor for important information. The monitor closest to me has a screen that is black with a pink line running through the middle of it. The monitor has lost its heartbeat.

And now, the information for our foreign travelers. We're going to LA. You'd think Spanish, right? Nope. Francais. Toilette: "twa-lett-a".

At least we're leaving on time. On CNN they went on and on about delays at LAX due to fog. The pilot didn't say anything about fog, just mentioned that the weather was "hazy." Seems like the flight is a little hazy already, if you know what I mean. I've got my US magazine and airport-bought novel at the ready.

No comments: