RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Friday, November 16, 2007

Pushing the Limit

I got into it with Steve the other day. I was doing push ups, and when I was done, I asked him if that was five or six that I had done. He told me it was ten. I said, "C'mon, Steve, was it five or six?" He said, "Ten." I told him I wanted to put it in my blog, and he told me he didn't care what I wrote in my blog, I had just done ten push ups. I let it go, in a ticked off sort of way.

Today I was doing push ups, and I caught him in his miscount. When I was on number seven, he said, "Eight..." and when he said, "Ten", I knew it was really nine, so I did one more, and said, "That's ten!" I told him I caught him miscounting, and he said, "Really?" Then he told me he would rather that I do six push ups in good form than ten just to say that I had done ten. I told him I had gotten the point, but I still liked to know the number to show my progress.

For the record, I started off doing three, and now I can do ten. YESSSSSS!!!! I'm getting good at doing the sumo frog squat. One day, Steve says, I'll do one legged squats. Yowsah!

Oh, and by the way, I'm a real jock now. I have tendonitis, probably from that goddamn jump rope. I have to ice my knee. I am so buff.

No comments: