RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Bento Box


I have a new perk at the house of two of my students. A couple of times now, when I'm finished with the lesson, not only do I get my usual cash money, but I also get a bento box for dinner. A bento box is a lunch in a box in Japan, made with rice, seafood, vegetables, etc. You get a little of everything. What this mom does for me is put whatever they are having for dinner into a Glad container. I get a hot delicious dinner when I get home!

And so nutritious! There's a little bit of everything: beef, rice, eggs, salad in one, and pasta with meat sauce, potato salad, salmon, and lettuce in the other one. I think we Americans should eat like this. It's healthy, and oh so yummy! Thanks again, Kako san!

2 comments:

SabineM said...

HOW LUCKY!

Akita inu said...

Hi Alex,

I have been eating so much convinience store's Bento,so that has made me get fat now.I've got 20 kg for just one year! so bad for me.
-yoshiki