RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Monday, October 29, 2007

WOO-HOO!!!

The Boston Red Sox have won the World Series, yay!!!

Here's the thing: I don't especially care about sports, nor do I understand them or enjoy them. However, Boston is a city in which there are a lot of Red Sox fans, and one can't help but get caught up in the hoopla that surrounds Red Sox Nation.

I started paying attention to the Red Sox this year, i.e., checking if they won or not. Well, they kept winning, so I kept paying attention. And, starting in the playoffs, the ACLU or ASCF or whatever it's called, I started actually watching a couple of hours of each game. I'm learning some things, like: there is a relationship between the guy who's pitching and the guy who's catching. They are on the same team.

Mostly, I like to play games while I'm watching with people. Last night's game was about facial hair. I thought that more players than not had facial hair, and a guy my friends and I were watching with started counting who was clean shaven and wasn't. Turns out that there are more hairy players.

Next up: The Patriots will win the Superbowl. I'll think of a game to play while I watch.

2 comments:

SabineM said...

you watch Baseball?!?!
the world series came and went and I HAD NO IDEA! Are they going to kick me out of AMErica?! ;-)

SabineM said...

You are been tagged, my dear Friend!