RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sleepy's Update



Awhile back I was musing on the subject of the Sleepy's logo man. I wondered why he used to have a mustache and why he suddenly doesn't (see pics).



I wrote to Sleepy's to inquire, but didn't get an answer. Yesterday I was walking in my neighborhood and passed a Sleepy's store I had forgotten was there. I went into the empty store and asked the manager. He told me that the owner of Sleepy's changed the logo because so many people said the logo man looked like Hitler (just like my friend Diana had figured). The owner is Jewish, so he wouldn't have purposely made Mr. Sleepy look like Hitler, but I guess a lot of people complained. So, there it is. Mystery solved. Whew.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you.

Unknown said...

I apologize for commenting years from this post...

...but finally I've found proof of this! Thank you. Lol.

I have always remembered Sleepy's old logo from when I was but a wee one.

At last. Justice.